Monday, May 5, 2008

Splash Bash

Chase celebrated his ninth birthday yesterday by entertaining 20 boys in our back yard pool. (Boys only, of course, because in third grade, boys rule and girls drool.)

There seemed to be boys everywhere - in the pool, on the playground, on the trampoline - scurrying around our yard like little ants that have just discovered the remnants of a half-eaten cookie. Constant chatter and squeals and laughter became the background noise for a couple of hours, making my heart full as I witnessed the all consuming joy it is to be a not-so-little-anymore boy.

They were all too busy to indulge in my photographic attempts, but here are a few that depict the endless energy of Chase and his friends.

Mid-air catch. Now I have to race to the...

Slide! And when I'm finished with that I'm going to....

Swing! And then I'm off to....


Jump! Because I'm energetic like that, and now it's time to...


Play wiffle ball! (If you build it, they will come.)
Now I'm going to take 10 seconds for everyone to sing Happy Birthday to me....

And another 10 seconds to eat cake because I still have to....

See-saw! And after that I need to...


Swim some more!


John and Chandler take a break from the action:


My sweet, fresh breath of estrogen!

Unwrapping of the loot:


A good time was had by all.

And now I am very tired.

1 comment:

Me said...

OMGOSH! Was I REALLY ever 9 years old and had THAT MUCH ENERGY?????


I think not - although I'm sure my mother will tell you I sure as heck did.