Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I recognize that whatever words I choose today will not be enough. I understand that any description I can offer will fall painstakingly short. I accept that my mind is too feeble, my intelligence too limited, to accurately describe the way I feel at this moment and the moments to come. I simply cannot offer the justice it deserves.

Thirteen years ago today, I married my better half (really three-quarters). We were an unlikely pair, with different backgrounds and experiences, possessing just enough sense to appreciate that we were better together than apart. Never could I have imagined how the love I felt on my wedding day would cultivate exponentially, each day exceeding the one previous. I didn’t know that I could love someone else with a selflessness and intensity that surprised me then and continues to amaze me even now.

John, I am overcome with gratitude that God blessed me with you. Your love for Him is reflected in everything you do, from your love and devotion as a husband and father, to your kindness and compassion as a physician and friend.

The world is a better place simply because you are in it. You are my joy.

Joni

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

4 comments:

georgiamom said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope ya'll did something fun to celebrate! M

Me said...

Hey - Congrats!! We had that reading at our wedding (20 years next week!).

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple! "Secrets Excellence" is calling our name in two years!!!!
Tricia

Jennifer said...

I should have gotten all caught up then posted a comment...instead I am systematically reading and commenting because I have SO MUCH TO SAY...:-)
This is beautiful.