Thursday, March 5, 2009

Crazy Hats

This week the children have been celebrating the birthday of Dr. Seuss at the school they all attend. Monday they donned the color green in honor of Green Eggs and Ham, and Tuesday, silly socks were worn to commemorate the book, Fox In Socks. I offered my fancy socks to all three but my little sock snobs emphatically refused.

Today Chandler and Mary Mac chose funny hats to wear to pay tribute to the classic, A Cat In The Hat.Typically, John wears this hat when seeing patients, but just for today, he loaned it to Chandler:




Of course, I am just kidding. This is the hat he really wears:



Chase dressed up as the main character from the Magic Treehouse for a story parade at the upper campus. John wears these glasses, with the hat above, while in the exam room:




To be fair, I am including John’s response to the creative liberties I take when referring to him on my blog:

"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
Dr. Seuss



I may just have to joyfully agree.

No comments: