Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful

- I’m thankful for my children who love me unconditionally even with morning breath, grey hair, and wrinkles.




- I’m thankful to be able say that I never enjoyed New Kids On The Block.

- I’m thankful that my husband is my best friend and willing to pull out the innards of a turkey while I gag dramatically in the corner.




-I’m thankful for friends who love our family like their own.







-I’m thankful for heavy duty concealer, miracle denim and good hairspray.

-I’m thankful for the belly laughs Junior Cotillion provides for me and my husband. (Anyone up for a game of "slaps"?)



- I’m thankful for our home and the absence of construction workers and port o' pottys.




-I'm thankful for those who read our family's nonsense on Joni's Joy.

-I’m thankful for Walt Disney.




-I’m thankful that I was never tricked into buying the skinny jean.

-I'm thankful for the joy God continues to show me every day, even when I am not looking.

-I’m thankful for the NOGS, who make me laugh harder than any group of people I know.




-I’m thankful that I only ever admired parachute pants from afar.

-I’m thankful for relatives willing to travel 9 hours to our home just to spend a few with their family on Thanksgiving day. I’m also thankful for the other 33 members who will travel 4 hours, 2 hours, and fifteen minutes, respectively.

-I'm thankful that as of two days ago, I no longer look like this:




-And most importantly, I’m so thankful for my relationship with Jesus, who makes all things possible, despite my glaring inadequacies and weaknesses.

And morning breath.

No comments: