Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful Heart

1. I’m thankful for this fellow who is calm when I am dramatic, steady when I am unsure, and patient when it is almost humanly impossible.


2. I’m thankful for our three little riots who make life an adventure and one full of joy:

-This one who makes me laugh, cry and laugh some more - better than anyone I know:


-This one whose kind heart and tender nature makes me want to be a better person.



-This one who delights and inspires and chooses to dress as Thing 1 for Halloween instead of a twirling princess.



3. I’m thankful for family willing to drive ten hours round trip to listen and laugh at old stories as though the first time heard.





4. I’m thankful for friends who love our family like their own.








5. I’m thankful for heavy duty concealer, miracle denim and good hairspray.


6. I’m thankful for the NOGs whose friendships have stood the test of time, adult orthodontics, various jean sizes and a humiliating cry fest in a public setting.




7. I’m thankful that in adulthood I have finally found the security to admit that I once listened to Menudo, permed my hair until it was brittle, and thought that Milli and Vanilli had great voices.

8. I’m thankful for little girls who hold hands while they nap.



9. I’m thankful for tight harnesses in Mexico.




10. I’m thankful for bathing suit cover-ups when caught in an unflattering position.



11. I’m thankful for hallways that are semi-secure during Tornadoes.



12. And most importantly, I’m so thankful for my relationship with Jesus, who makes all things possible, despite my glaring inadequacies and weaknesses.

And dramatics.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Love it! Especially Thing 1! I am Thankful for Mary Mac!

Joni said...

Thanks Erin! I think it's the sassiness and spunk in a girl to which you relate. : )

Joni