Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Finally, A Silent Night


It’s Christmas Eve and it’s finally quiet. The children are asleep, laying peacefully and fashionably in green and plaid pajamas. There is uncertainty in how much longer they will allow me the joy of matching their bedtime attire, but for the moment, I am thankful for the indulgence.



The month of December has been a little more frenzied, a little more stressful than years past, most of which had very little to do with the holiday itself. Changes for our family are in the near future – very exciting changes - but for now, for this very minute, I am still. I am focusing on this silent night, this holy night, where all is calm and all is bright.

(What a great sentence. Maybe I should put it to song)

It is this night, over two thousand years ago, that hope was born into the world as a tiny infant laid away in a manger, no crib for a bed.

(I really have a way with words tonight. I’m feeling very original and somewhat musically inclined. )

This night long ago provided the perfect ending to all of our stories, the good news that made it possible for us all to live forever because a Savior was born. So really, we should go and tell it on the mountains, over the hills and everywhere. We should go and tell it on the mountains that Jesus Christ was born.

(I’m telling you, the words are just pouring out of me. It must be the silent household providing such unique inspiration. )

So, tonight I will fall asleep feeling the full joy of knowing Christ. May this same joy fill your heart as well.

Merry, merry Christmas.

Joni

6 comments:

Not too old to learn said...

Sweet blessings to your family! And best wishes for a wonderful 2009.

Me said...

Big changes? Big changes? What big changes!? I'm so impatient!~ LOL.

Anonymous said...

Are you pg??????or moving back to be with me??? m

DeAnn said...

It was the night before Christmas and some crazy mom had time on her hands to post to her blog, while her kids had visions of flashes in their heads... Whats the secret? My kids would have awoken at the first flash thinking Santas sled had flashing lights. Great pix, hope it was Merry and have a great 2009!

Joni said...

Deann -
It's a little something I like to call BENADRYL!

Joni said...

Mary-
I would accept with great JOY either option. The clipping of "wings" unfortunately prevents the first and crazy extended family members prevents the second.

Call me soon and I'll fill you in on all the juicy details!