Sunday, January 25, 2009

Student of the Week

Chandler was chosen as student of the week for both the lower and upper campus of the Christian school he attends. Considering that enrollment is around 350 students, please indulge this blatant display of parental pride for a little boy who brings so much joy.

His school reported the following:


Reason for Nomination: Chandler is an excellent student who always gives his very best effort. He thinks beyond what is expected and is always looking for ways to apply all that he is learning, especially in reading. He LOVES to read and is great at engaging in the critical thinking of a text. Chandler is a great writer. He continues to excel in Writing Workshop, adding much color and detail to his stories.

What is your favorite book?
I love to read Dr. Seuss stories. They are fun!

What is your favorite sport?
I love to play and watch basketball. The Georgia Bulldogs are my favorite team to watch.

What is your favorite subject?
My favorite subject is science because we get to do neat experiments and activities in class. Right now we are doing one with water.

What has been the most fun thing you have done while enrolled at this school?
In Kindergarten we got to go to a corn maze! When we went through the maze, we looked for stamps to stamp our hands with. I found 12!

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I would go to Pluto! I would take Bear with me - I have had him since I was a baby.

What is your favorite food?
Oh! I love macaroni and cheese!

What do you love most about our school?
It's a lot of fun here because we get to do cool projects all the time.

If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
I would want to meet Jesus and ask him how he taught all those people about God.

3 comments:

Mom of Eleven said...

precious. So glad you documented this!
w

Dawn said...

I didn't know he was the person of the week until now!

Anonymous said...

congrats, chandler! we are proud of you! mee maw and paw paw